Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ode to Madison

I was looking through some of our old pictures the other day, and saw some of my old dog, Madison. Then a few nights ago, I had a dream about her. So, I took it as a sign to dedicate a post to her. She was such a good dog. She was about 17 years old when we had to put her down last June. I remember my dad bringing her home one day, and how excited I was. He decided to name her Madison after the mermaid in "Splash." Madi didn't really like me much for the first several years. I would try so hard to play with her the way the others did, but she always ended up biting me. Most of the time, she'd draw blood. But, I kept trying, and eventually, she liked me. Near the end of her life, I like to say that she loved me the most. She would sleep with me, and would always come to me and cuddle with me. However, because she spent most of her time in my room, it smelled pretty bad. That was the worst part! She was such a sweet little dog, and it was really hard to take her to have her put down because of her old age. She was blind and deaf, and just wasn't enjoying life. I know we did the right thing for her, but it was still hard, and I miss her a lot! So, Madison - where ever you are - this one's for you!! :)

1 comment:

Christiansen's said...

Yahoo I found you! I am so glad that you blog. I need to see that cute little boy. The pictures that you have on your blog are so cute of him. CALL ME!